A beautiful accommodation just a few steps away from the beach.
- Your money is safe, we pay your host 2 days after check-in.
- 100% refund in the unlikely event the host cancels.
- Changing booking details is always free.
- Access to urgent phone line during your booking.
- Book Co2 positive, we compensate 3 times more than we emit.
- Most amazing beach house you will find
- Private BBQ area
- Flame heated hot tub
- Comfortable beds
Imagine yourself drinking a well deserved glass of wine or tea on one of the most beautiful porches you have ever been. Amazing ocean views on your left and a view on the magnificent botanical gardens on your right
An amazing central wooden staircase leads to the centre of the house where you will be welcomed in a open living room. Now you really feel like you are in a place that you have never seen before, maybe in your dream but it is just like in the pictures. It's just like you'd imagined it, the rattan walls, the dome roof and open windows makes the place a cool staying, even with the warm temperatures on the island. The beach house is so close to the beach you actually see and feel the waves coming on shore. Rest, and enjoy the beautiful beach and sea views.
The beach house is a split level design and has a master bedroom on the top floor combined with a open living area below. Here you also find a second double bed, more relaxing space a full equipped kitchen.There is enough room for 2-5 people and you can be creative in who stays where. Even with kids, the entire space is open but gives everybody the privacy when needed.
25-75% or 50-50% or 100% (read more)
Check in/out time
Please, ask owner
2 Bedrooms, 5 Sleeps
- King size beds: 1
- Twin beds (2 linked single beds): 1
- Single bed: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Number of en-suite bathrooms: 1
Number of toilets: 1
Rural / countryside
Historic / sightseeing
Beach towels provided
Music system / CD player
Jacuzzi / hot tub
Terrace / balcony
Beach / sport equipment
Close to the beach
Swimminig / watersports
Walking / hiking
How to get there
If you drive from the airport to San Jose the easiest way to get out of the city is to ask a taxi driver to bring you to the exit Guapiles-Limon. This is the highway nr 32. He will probably charge you around $20.
If you prefer the adventurous way, you can follow these instructions:
- From the Alajuela SJO Airport you drive for about 8 km East to San Jose. On your right hand side, you will see the Hospital de Mexico. About 20 minutes drive.
- After the Hospital de Mexico, take the exit to La Uruca and take the third exit on the Rotonda driving below the highway you just got off of. This will take you to stop lights and crossing, take a right, you’ll have the cookie factory Pozuelo on your left hand (you’ll smell it!) and Citroen on your right. About 3 minutes drive.
- Go straight until you get to the Mercedes / Jeep and Chrysler Car Dealer on the left side. About 20 minutes drive.
- After the garage Mercedes/Jeep/Chrysler you will see a Shell gas station at a Y-junction, keep right.
- Follow the road towards san jose up to the next gas station on the left side. About 5 minutes drive.
- Right after the gas station take a left turn, drive for a about a mile and get to stop light, then take first right and after 100 meters you get to Limon bus station on the right side, then turn first left and follow the curvy road around the Ulacit University, maintain left on the curve to avoid going into san jose, you will get to a crossroad and stops lights, the Republica Newspaper Compnay should be on your left, now you are ready to get on the highway to Limon #32.
- Follow the road (nr. 32) to Puerto Limón through Braulio Carrillo National Park and you will pass Costa Rica’s only tunnel. About 30 minutes drive up to the tunnel.
- Follow this road to Guápiles and keep going straight. About 30 minutes drive.
- After Guapiles you will pass Siquirres, Matina, Batan and other towns, you will finally reach the coast at Puerto Limón. About 60 minutes drive.
- As you aproach limon, you will see the fruit companies containers. This is the biggest harbor of Costa Rica.
- After passing a cementary on both sides of the read, in Puerto Limón you turn right at the second traffic light next to a Texaco gas station on your right, take the direction Cahuita / Puerto Viejo/ Manzanillo. About 60 minutes drive.
- In Puerto Viejo, follow the paved road alongside the beach. The Tree House Lodge Hotel is located 5 km south from Puerto Viejo. Follow the road towards Manzanillo. You will cross several small neighborhoods. About 20 minutes drive.
- At Playa Chiquita you can’t miss the speed bump in front of the school on the right side.
- 200 meters after the speed bump, you will find the Tree House Lodge Hotel and Iguanaverde Foundation on your left. Look for the following sign on the left.
We offer private transportation to the Tree House Lodge Hotel. At any time, our driver will wait for you at the airport or hotel and bring you down. We provide an air-conditioned mini van for up to 9 people. The trip from San Jose to the Tree House Lodge takes around 4 to 5 hours.
PEOPLE Rate up to 2 people $200 up to 4 people $225 up to 6 people $250 up to 9 people $275
All rates are in US dollars. Prices include taxes.
Since 1997 i have been living in Costa Rica. The tree house started as a young mens dream and now 25 years down the road it actually still is. Meanwhile i have build different houses around different themes. Our Crystal House for instance is the latest house we build. its nearly a Tree House, the way the house is build around the tree and the same tree is totally integrated with the house design. Recycling and reusing of recycled materials is big at the Crystal House. For me the house must fit in its natural surrounding. in order to do so, you often need to integrate the surround into your building.
I am born in Holland and moved to Costa Rica at a Young age. Adventure draw me into this dream, and I loe it every day.
hope to meet you one day. Best Edsart
2 Reviews - Beach House
Lenrow - the United States
Great place to immerse yourself in the rainforest
My family and I stayed in the beach house, which was a short walk to the beautiful beach. The house was nice inside, with beautiful wood details. There was plenty of room for 5 people to sleep. The windows/doors opened to the outside, giving the house a very open-air type feel. The bathroom/shower area is very cool! The outdoor area is amazing -lots of outdoor seating with incredible views of the rainforest and trails throughout. Caleb, who works at reception, was exceptionally friendly and helpful. He was a terrific, and a big reason why we enjoyed ourselves so much. On the property, we saw toucans, sloths, an agouti (or capybara, we weren't sure), crabs, iguanas, etc. We also heard howler monkeys. The only small complaints I have are the problem with ants (but this is to be expected when one is in the rainforest) and there is no sofa/sitting area in the house (however, we sat outside most of the time anyway). If you are looking for a fancy, 5 star resort where every need is catered to and the accommodations are pristine and perfect, you might be disappointed. But we were looking for an authentic experience in the rainforest with comfortable accommodations, access to the beach and forest, and friendly people. We loved it and we will be back.
The Terraventuras activities (zipline, etc) are highly recommended; they will pick you up at the Tree House Lodge.
Stephen - the United States
One of a Kind Beach House
We stayed in the Beach House, which is tucked away in a bit of tropical forest, just off the beach. The house/cabana is a work of art, from the wonderful wooden spiral staircase in the center, to the fabulous Gaudi-inspired bathroom, to the sliced tree trunk made into a table on the porch. The photos are all accurate but they do not do justice to the full charm of the Beach house which was a bit bigger and cuter than we expected.
The Beach house is definitely for anyone with an artsy and outdoor spirit. We loved breakfasting on the porch listening to all the critters surrounding the house. Throughout our stay we'd watch the sloth living just outside in the tree tops, and one morning were treated to an ajouti running behind the house. The beach in the morning was virtually deserted and felt like our own private patch of paradise.
The Tree House Lodge is first-class rustic--that is to say it is the height of luxury for a rustic natural experience, but do not expect anything like an air-conditioned, hermetically sealed hotel room. Outside are snakes, ants, and plenty of critters who can get into the beach house if you leave the doors or windows open. You enjoy a lovely breeze when the wind is blowing, but it can be humid when it is not. There are fans in the house that are very adequate and helpful, but like all fans they can be a bit loud at night. Come with an adventurous spirit and you won't be disappointed!
The staff were superb and more responsive than I've ever seen anywhere. The first morning after our complimentary breakfast (with heaping amount of delicious tropical fruits), some staff asking if we needed anything. We said that all was great and that we had everything we needed, but we suggested that some day some extra hooks in the bathroom would be handy. We we returned that afternoon, there were four additional hooks that looked like they had been there forever!